Wednesday 18 January 2012

Happy Hump day?

LOL!

Happy middle of the week folks...it's all downhill from here!  Well, actually, I have Friday off so tomorrow's the end for me!  It's going to be an odd few weeks for me actually...Monday I worked an hour later, today I had to finish almost 2 hours early, Friday I am off, next week should be normal hours, then the following week I only work 3 days!  Darn bus strike and PA days...

Anyway....I quite honestly haven't been scrapping since the holidays...but, I always want to and I always look around for inspiration so that the next time the urge strikes me, I'm good to go!

TOPIC CHANGE!!!!

lol!!
Any of you who know me well know that I have struggled with my weight forever....well, sort of struggled.  Being overweight has always bothered me, but I just don't have the will power to stay away from sweets and bread products, nor do I like any type of exercise.  I am quite sedentary.
Back in 1994 I actually joined Weight Watchers and in about 6 months I lost 31 pounds and was at my lowest weight since I had become an adult.  The way it was then, they gave you a goal weight and if you had a need for a different one then you had to get a drs note, then you did maintenance and then became a lifetime member.  Well!  The weight that I was given was TOTALLY unattainable for me, which was evidenced by my 6 month plateau and total inability to get any lower no matter what I did.  So off to my dr I went, he was happy with what I had achieved and had no problem giving me a note.  Well, I think it was about 3 or 4 months after I became a lifer that we started fertility treatments and whoosh!  10 pounds over goal!  So, of course, I stopped going.
Long story short, I fell off the wagon for 6 years while I had my children and dealt with my anxiety.  My neighbours and I got out all our materials and made a pact, and in the summer of 2002 I reached my goal weight again!
Fast forward to today....I have gained so much weight back...my body shape is different but in pictures, in my opinion, I look like a whale!  I am currently 27 lbs over my goal weight.  No, Christmas didn't help!
I will be 45 this year...impending menopause is no excuse to just let the weight continue to pile on!
So, I have made a vow to myself that I will lose 20 lbs by June 1st, 2012.  How?  I am going to get out my old selection plan info (it's what works best for me), I am going to up my water intake and I am going to walk my dog!!!  Yes, I have a built-in excuse to exercise...and he's like the energizer bunny!  LOL!
On February 1st I will start tracking again.  Until then, I am just going to watch what I am eating and make healthier choices with smaller portions so that come the 1st the measured portions won't be such a shock to my system!  And I am already walking Rocky.  Yesterday it was so cold and windy but we went for 20 mins.  Tonight was better and we did 35 mins.  My vow is 30 min/day M-F and a good hour or more once on the weekend, unless it is pouring rain or the windchill is dangerously cold (like frostbite dangerous for either his paws or my nose!).

Ok....that's enough rambling for today!

Want to see a page anyway?  This is a calendar page I made for my dad.  I made a 2008 calendar for him and this was the August page because my daughter and I are born in August.  I love this and I should have made one for myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment